martes, 4 de abril de 2017

5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles!

 James 3 :5
I feel this verse is convicting to most. At least it is very convicting forme. Ever since the beginning of my field time I have continued to struggle with keeping my tongue in check. From not saying little viscous venom filled comments that destroyed relationships before they began. To being to stubborn to back down in an argument. The situation a struggled most in was with my teammate. We both had personalities the tended to playoff each other in negative ways. It would usually start as a playful banter but quickly turn into who could rip the other apart first. Obviously this could not last but I couldn't figure out how to stop these fires.But without getting into a long explanation an overseer of mine as we where sitting around gave us a rebuke. He called us on how we spoke to each other but more importantly called us on not speaking in love as Jesusdid. That was the answer to my solution love. For love covers a multitude of sins. Over time me and my teammate actually start developing a relationship. It didn't happen overnight but it is amazing how fast relationships build when you love and are open with one another.
So my application is to examine my own life and pray if there is anything that is holding me back from the relationships around me and for Him to remove those obstacles. Because I can't on my own.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario