sábado, 28 de enero de 2017

James 4:4
“You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.”
            First I would like to break down the where James is coming from. As James watched as the churches around him rapidly grow he started to see some issues. James saw a people in the church who lusted, coveted and, murdered (James 4:2) and he said it was coming from their self-seeking desires. In chasing after what they themselves wanted they left completely God and Him being first in their lives and that is where this verse is coming from. Now to break this verse down. James begins this by calling the church an adulterous people. In other words, he is saying they are committing adultery to God by loving themselves more than Him. But James goes even deeper than. He says a war is taking place and the battle is raging and in this battle there is two sides. On one side we have the world and on the other side is God and therefore, not being on God side makes you his enemy. The challenging part of this verse is how easy it is to become a friend of the world. It could be giving up your time set aside for God withier that is Church, morning devotions, or whatever and replacing it with something of the world. Watching Sunday football, extra hour of sleep, reading a book I really can be anything that keeps you out of the presence of God. Don’t get me wrong I am not saying football is bad or watching TV is a sin and if we are not constantly reading the Bible we are heathens. However, I am saying this when we consistently put the use of our time in things not glorifying to God but things of the world then there is an issue and I am as guilty of it as any one. I struggle getting up in time to get to where I’m going much less in time to pray and once I get home I feel often times to tired to do anything. But that is not how it is supposed to be though we are supposed to get our life from Jesus and when I do wake up early enough to spend time with Him my day is often better and more energized and overall better than a day without. I still struggle often times though more than I would even like to admit. God has been faithful to help me slowly but surely become more like Him each and every day.

Application: Pray for at least one hour in the morning this week.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario